Tuesday, June 11, 2002


The Hot Music

Sports

First and foremost, props to my boy, Darius Songaila, who represented in Chicago. D is a legitimate good person and a great basketball player. It hurt in March to watch the Deacons fall to Oregon, especially with everyone injured. Look for Darius to land in the NBA come draft night and check for his jersey up in the rafters at the Joel sometime soon.

Darius Songaila, Wake Forest
The Numbers: 10 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 60.9 FG%
The Performance: Some would say Songaila should have been more aggressive offensively at the camp, and perhaps that is true. However, it’s hard to fault the ACC star for what he did when he received the ball, which was put it in the basket. Songaila has a series of effective post moves, only some of which scouts at the camp got to see. While his dunks may be few and far between, the Lithuanian forward has a total package of skills at the power forward spot and has proven time and again how physically strong and tough he is. He led all players at the camp with six steals, another facet of his underrated defensive game. Whether Songaila is picked in the first round or not, he has the skills and bearing of a long-term NBA player.


Italy - Mexico coming up....Huge, huge, huge game. Italy needs to take it.

Politics

Some summer reading to catch up on from the Weekly Standard


Great Satireon Greenpeace that sums up the organization…

“It's all bad, it all needs to stop," said a Greenpeace spokesperson, who added the group will no longer send out action alerts calling for opposition to specific issues, but will instead issue daily alerts to all members that read, "No" in 37 different languages.”

Can these guys do what all the broadband giants failed to deliver? I hope so cause there are a lot of people missing out on this amazing broadband revolution.

Music

People are always asking me about downloading music, so I thought I would drop the Audio Galaxy link. A no brainer for the best place to find the largest selection of tracks. A must for anyone with broadband... Tomorrow after my beach volleyball game, I am hoping to review a couple new cds. Stay posted people.

The Life

Worked out today and did some quads. Great, great workout and the reason I bring this up is because I have a newbie that is working out with me. Recently, a friend from high school moved to the chi and told me he wanted to get diesel. Basically for someone to workout with me they have to sell out 100% to the program. Honestly, going into it, I thought this was going to be an impending disaster. Personally, I hate to workout with other people because what I do works and I don't have time to argue about exercises etc. Anyway, things are going well and I think it is actually pushing me to get stronger too. Right now, Pee-Wee, the nickname I'll give this training partner because he would like to remain nameless, is in the early phases of what should be a rewarding transformation. I will update his progress as the days pass, and hopefully the news will be all good. The best part is that the first couple weeks is where you get to make your largest percentage gains in weights. I know that so far he feels better and has already been getting stronger. Not for nothing, he also is improving his diet exponentially and this will only led to further gains. A couple other people have recently consulted with me, so hopefully they will see a marked improvement also. I am not telling anyone anything special, just things that work if you want to put the time and energy into making it happen. If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me. Thanks...

In another issue, props to Kovanda for whooping on me at chess today like a true Georgetown Hoya. It was like he was the Iverson of chess today. Don't know what happened, but I got my butt kicked.

One other quick hit... If you notice there is a site meter in the bottom right hand corner that tracks the number of hits the blog is getting. Kind of a cool feature, especially the time zone option. Anyway check it out if you get a second.

Lates - Christian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home