Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Wadup, this be Christian's one and only brother, Colin. I is left me crib in the ghetto of Coraopolis (5 minutes from Sewickley, where my father belongs to a golf club) to check out Slovakia and Eastern Europe for some of the summer. My main reasoning for this journey was the opportunity to work in Saca Hospital in Kosice, Slovakia, and then hopefully I can get into Northwestern Medschool and settle in an apartment in the Chi, with my brother and one other elite member, that would be soon featured on "Cribs."

So far, I journed up to the Tatra mountains to a mountain resort. While this would be a beautiful, yet uneventful trip for most, My Uncle's company, US Steel Kosice, bought out the place for the weekend. I was fed Grilled Salmon and Steaks while being continuously waited on-- a nice experience. To top off the trip, I saw 3 people sitting by a BMW X5 and 7.50. Both of the cars were suped up beyond belief. The woman standing by the cars informed me that they were recently featured in a film taking place in Europe. After 10 minutes of broken English discussions, I told her I was a doctor from the US. Next thing you know, I was driving the 7 series around the Tatra mountains. What can I saw, it's the Champ panache that I am sure you have seen so many times with Christian.

Next I headed to Budapest. It was a nice, attractive city. However, be prepared to be on guard 24-7. There was more sketchy people in this city than at Tequilla Willies in the Strip Distict in Pittsburgh. Only the sketchy people in Bupapest didn't drive Camaros.

Next I hit up Zagreb in Croatia and the island Pag in the Adriatic Sea. This trip was amazing. Zagreb was a great city with nightlife in every corner. There were a million outdoor cafes and bars. The girls here were absolutely beautiful and extremely skinny. Girls here were so skinny that at one point my friend from Croatia pulled the car over saying, "hey look, a fat person." They were seriously that rare. However, bring you checkbook, cause this city is expensive. Pag was probably the most beautiful place I have ever seen. We would swim out 200 feet, and still see the bottom of the sea. We stayed in a 500 year old house in the city. I would suggest putting this on your must visit list of places in the world. I heard if you go further south it is even nicer also.

Since then I have been assisting a surgeon in the operating room. His comment to me was, "we don't have model to practice on like in the US, so we use people." Interesting place none the less and I am learning a ton.

Next, I am off to Prague to hang out with the one and only Dali - The Lama from Chi town. Should be an interesting trip and will post about it.

All in all, Eastern Europe is phat, but for future suggestion, don't come in the summer. There is no AC anywhere, and it was about 95 in Zagreb, leaving me sweating for about a week straight. At the very least, it really makes you appreciate the US. In essence, everyone should visit Eastern Europe, including the Baldwins and George Clooney, to let them appreciate the country they live in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home