Wednesday, January 21, 2004

The man from Miami (Nik Kozy) writes...

Why does the federal gov't have any say in athletics or control of the individuals body?

"To help children make right choices, they need good examples. Athletics play such an important role in our society, but, unfortunately, some in professional sports are not setting much of an example. The use of performance-enhancing drugs like steroids in baseball, football, and other sports is dangerous, and it sends the wrong message -- that there are shortcuts to accomplishment, and that performance is more important than character. So tonight I call on team owners, union representatives, coaches, and players to take the lead, to send the right signal, to get tough, and to get rid of steroids now. (Applause.)"


Nik - I have no idea. Apparently everything is now a federal issue. Politics is looking more like the Daily Show (from comedy central) everyday.

ARRGGHHHH.....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our society, and I am fairly certain that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further develops, the possibility of transferring our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about almost every day.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]nintendo dsi r4i[/url] DS SerVo)

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading these kind of posts reminds me of just how technology truly is everywhere in this day and age, and I am fairly confident when I say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.

I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory drops, the possibility of copying our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could experience in my lifetime.

(Posted by Nintendo DS running [url=http://cryst4lxbands.blog.com/2010/01/31/will-the-r4-or-r4i-work/]R4 SDHC[/url] SeKu)

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home